The Hyper-Jet® is Absolute Filters's additional line of motorized, automatic self-cleaning strainers. On fluid piping systems, which demand added cleaning abilities due to application requirements, the Hyper-Jet® provides continuous uninterrupted debris removal.
The Hyper-Jet® is very effective in system applications where operating pressure is low (under 5 psig) or where the system debris has particularly difficult removal characteristics.
The 721/751 Series strainer provides unattended service with the addition of external backwash fluid that enhances the self-cleaning attribute over other automatic strainers.
The Hyper-Jet’s® unique patented backwash system coupled with the strainer element design permits installation in a broader range of system applications. This scope of operations includes from relatively low pressure to very high pressure and from withdrawing coarse, easily removed debris to fine, sticky debris.
In a low pressure mode (such as on the suction side of a pumping system), the Hyper-Jet® system is mounted on the leading edge of the strainer backwash arm (Fig. 2). External fluid is directed at an incident angle over the inside surface of the straining element through the high-pressure nozzle assembly. The high velocity of this spray assists the cleaning of the wedge-wire straining element. External source pressure must be a minimum of 30 psi over system operating pressure.
Hyper-Jet® strainers are used to protect equipment such as pumps, motors, heat exchangers, or spray nozzles, as well as process applications such as cooling towers or virtually any similar application.
The Series 721/751 Hyper-Jet® Self-Cleaning Strainers are fabricated in pipe sizes ranging from 1” to 36” to suit most application requirements.
The Hyper-Jet® System can also easily and economically be field installed in any Absolute Filters FE Self-Cleaning Strainer (6” size and larger) in service as a retrofit installation.
- A unique patented spray assisted/ mechanical backwash mechanism for extended service life.
- A clog-resistant straining element (wedge- wire configuration) to reduce maintenance downtime and operator assisted attention.
- All internal replacement parts supplied in corrosion resistant materials (special material available on request).
- An efficient, effective cleaning mechanism which reduces annual maintenance, requiring fewer parts.
- A low rpm backwash cycle provides more efficient cleaning, less wear (no contact between rotating parts) and longer duty cycle on motors and speed reducers.
- Any existing Eliminator® (6” and up) can be converted to the Hyper-Jet®.