These multi-basket strainers and bag filters offer a wide range of flow capacities and contaminant-holding capabilities. They contain from 2 to 23 baskets.
To serve as a strainer, a unit is ordered with perforated stainless steel baskets (mesh-lined if desired). When ordered as a filter, it’s fitted with perforated stainless steel baskets designed to hold disposable or cleanable filter bags.
Industry-standard size bags are used: the standard 30 inch baskets accept bag size 2, the optional 15 inch baskets takesize 1.
The standard pressure rating for all models is 150 psi. All housings can be supplied with an ASME code stamp, if required.
- Multiple housing styles available (standard, quick access, low profile, hinged)
- Permanently piped housings are opened without tools and without disturbing the piping
- Machined cover gasket groove provides positive O-ring sealing
- Carbon steel, 304 or 316 stainless steel construction housings
- Large-area, 30 inch deep, heavy-duty,9/64 inch perforated baskets
- Easy to clean
- Low pressure drop
- Four cover seal materials: Buna N, Ethylene Propylene, Viton®, and Teflon®
- Pressure rating 150 psi
- Flanged connections for 2 through 12 inch pipe
- Vent, drain and gage connections
- ASME code stamp
- Higher pressure ratings
- Corrosion allowances
- Steam jackets
- Special connection locations
- Bag hold down assembly (standard on QAC design)
- Inner baskets for dual-stage straining or filtering
- Cleanable wire mesh lined or perforated strainer baskets
- Special alloy materials
- Hydraulic cover lifting assembly
- Sanitary fittings
- Differential pressure indicators
All multi-basket models described here are also available as duplex systems. Two units come piped together with valves to permit continuous use of either unit while servicing the other. One lever actuates all valves simultaneously or it can be ordered for automatic service.
Surface area of each 30 in. basket: 4.4 sq. ft. Volume of each 30 in. basket:
0.6 cu. ft.
Filter bag baskets hold disposable filter bags.
Filter bags have an interference fit between the bags top rim and the housing causing a positive seal to prevent fluid bypass. Filter bag baskets have flat perforated bottoms.
Filter bags are available in a wide variety of felt, micro-fiber, monofilament and multifilament mesh materials.
For cleanable strainer baskets, choose from the following perforation diameters: 1/4, 3/16, 9/64, 3/32, or 1/16 inch (for other not shown consult factory).
Any perforated basket can also be ordered lined with wire mesh. Stainless steel wire is used in mesh sizes 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 100, 150, or 200.
Filter bag baskets, have standard 9/64 inch diameter perforations that are 51% open area. A wire mesh can also be utilized with bag baskets for two advantages:
- Fiber migration is minimized.
- In the unlikely event of bag rupture, the wire mesh better contains the contaminant.