All thermoplastic Basket Strainers shall be fabricated from PVC Type I, ASTM D 1784 Cell Classification 12454 or CPVC Type IV, ASTM D 1784 Cell Classification 23447 material. All O-rings shall be EPDM or Viton®. Strainer baskets shall be perforated PVC, CPVC, or type 316 stainless steel, or type 316 stainless steel wire mesh. Standard strainer perforations shall be 1/8" or 3/32" with a minimum open area ratio of 6:1, or specified perforation/mesh opening. Basket strainer sizes 1/2" - 8" shall have quick release clamp retained bonnet, sizes 10" - 12" shall have bolt-on bonnet.
All basket Strainers shall have pressure release valve and safety pressure gauge. Unit shall be equipped with O-ring sealed drain plug at lower end. Basket strainer sizes 1/2" - 8" shall be pressure rated at 150 psi, sizes 10" - 12" to 50 psi for water at 73°F, as manufactured for Absolute Filters.
AF® fabricated Basket Strainers are constructed of heavy bodied PVC or CPVC. Available in IPS sizes 1/2" through 12" with choice of socket, spigot or flanged ends and EPDM, Viton® or PTFE encapsulated O-ring seals. A convenient quick release clamp cap is equipped with safety pressure gauge and pressure release ball valve for safer system operation and strainer cleaning. Additional drain plug allows complete drain and flush of unit. Designed to remove unwanted solids from plastic or metal piping systems, Spears® Basket Strainers are ideal for protecting valves, filters, pumps, nozzles or other liquid control devices in corrosive or non-corrosive fluid systems.
- Chemical & Corrosion Resistant PVC or CPVC Construction
- Convenient Quick-Release Clamp For easy Bonnet Removal (Bolt-on Bonnet on Sizes 10" & 12")
- Includes Pressure Release Valve and 0-160 psi Safety Pressure Gauge1 (O-ring sealed plugs provided if valve/gauge not used)
- O-ring Sealed Drain Plug
- EPDM or Viton® O-ring Seals
- Perforated PVC & CPVC Strainer Baskets in a Variety of Sizes. Stainless Steel Available in perforation and Multiple Mesh Sizes
- High Volume 6:1 Open Area Ratio
- Sizes 1/2" - 8" Pressure Rated to 150 psi @ 73°F Sizes 10" - 12" Pressure Rated to 50 psi @ 73°F
- Assembled with Silicone-Free Seal Lubricants.1: Commercial bronze bourdon-tube type pressure gauge w/brass NPT inlet.
Check for any chemical compatibility issues. Contact Absolute® for PVC, CPVC or PP Gauge Guard isolation devices available.